Amit Chadha, an accomplished senior management professional with expertise in change management, Leading & mentoring successful strategic business transformation & re-engineering projects, managing large teams for business growth and implementing Cost Management Programs across multinational organizations.
Qualified as a Post Graduate in Marketing Management and Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, has over 20 years of rich experience in field of Business Excellence & Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management & Sourcing, B2B & Institutional Sales and Business Partner Management.
He has worked for diverse industry verticals including Steel Processing, Consumer Durables & Electronics, Telecom and Financial Services. He has handled multiple assignments across Bharti Airtel, American Express, GE Industrial Systems, LG Electronics, Godrej Appliances & Jindal Steel.
His last corporate assignment was as National Head Enterprise Business for Airtel Mobile Services post heading Business Excellence & Six Sigma Function at Airtel. Earlier was Director Six Sigma & Quality for American Express.
He is Six Sigma Master Black Belt from Motorola University, a double certified Six Sigma Black Belt from GE & LG Electronics and a Certified Coach for Lean Practitioners He has led and mentored business improvement initiatives and certified several Lean, GB & BB Six Sigma Projects spanning across Business, Operations and Support Functions. He has successfully led ISO 9001 & TL 9000 process certifications and the Balanced Score Card institutionalization for Bharti Airtel at Pan India Level. He has been instrumental in developing Knowledge Management Portal for American Express Asia Service Center. He has established BPMS at both Airtel and American Express leading to deployment of standardized business processes and controls.
He is an accomplished trainer and has extensive knowledge on Six Sigma, Lean Management, Statistical Process Control techniques, New Product Development and Quality Management Systems. His strengths include operational excellence and high execution efficiency. His effective coaching & training skills coupled with an ability of seeing the big picture, people management & motivation & cross networking capabilities have supported him to drive results and success.
For last 4 years, he has taken a full time role of a Business Process Improvement Consultant
His consulting assignments are appended below:
- Conducted over 50 Lean Management, Six Sigma, New Product Development and Change Management sessions for professionals of both Service & Manufacturing Companies. Has trained Academicians and senior staff of several leading Universities.
- External Faculty to several Education Institutes offering Engineering and MBA Courses
- Initiated Lean Program for the Corporate Team in 2012 and Six Sigma program in 2014. Have Trained & Mentored more than 40 Lean Projects and 30 Six Sigma Projects teams across all business verticals and core processes.
- Conducted New Product Development & Data Analytics Training for Marketing & Sales teams. Have been involved in the evolution and improvement the Business Processes over last 4 years.
- Engaged in driving the Abnormality reduction across a Manufacturing Location through deployment of Lean Initiatives
- Trained the teams on DWM and helping them scope out their MP & CPs for deployment as part of daily management.
- Mentored business impacting Lean Six Sigma projects for process/ product quality improvement.
- Deployed 5S and led Lean initiative across the Factories leading to Inventory Reduction, Productivity improvement and Optimization of Layout.
- Conceptualized and launched the staff mentoring program for entire middle management. Basis Skill Gaps created a plan for training and job role movements for the staff.
- Launched the Lean Six Sigma Drive across the Organization for both Core Operations as well as Support Functions.
- Mentored the Lean Six Sigma initiatives on inventory management , OEE improvement , material & process cost savings and commercial process improvements
- Developed customized Lean Black Belt material and conducted training for their Quality team.
- Initiated the Kaizen drive across the Body care (Soap & Shampoo) division of the Company. Cultural change initiated across the operations through employee engagement
- Facilitated the journey of the Enterprise Sales team to transition from Product sales to end to end solutions management. Customized DFSS Six Sigma for Sales & Service professionals.
- Engaged in implementation of the TQM journey for the company
- Focused on employee capability development and customer rejection reduction projects.
- Trained employees on Certified Quality Engineer Program.
- Mentored and Guided business improvement projects across Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Planning, HR and Design Functions.
- Trained Black Belts across Process Excellence and Operation verticals. Project Guide for all the Six Sigma Projects done across the Organization. Responsible for the tollgate reviews of the Projects and certification of the Employees.
- Deployed Six Sigma program across the Production Units. Mentored cost innovation and defect reduction projects. One of the Projects was also taken by the Company’s Director to ensure a culture built up across the Organization.
- Empanelled as Operations Consultant for 4 Plants of the Organization. Responsible for the Top Line growth and Bottom line improvement. Successfully got Organization certified on ISO 9001 & 14001.
- Managed Kaizen and Lean initiatives for continual improvements and defect reduction.
- Conducted two Lean Practitioner Courses and imparted training on lean management concepts